On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:59:01 +1200, Christopher Sawtell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Be sure to check that you have either got the kernel module for the filesystem
> loaded, or the driver compiled into the kernel?
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ zcat /proc/config.gz | egrep -i 'reiser|ext3'
> # CONFIG_EXT3_FS is not set
> CONFIG_REISERFS_FS=y
> # CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK is not set
> CONFIG_REISERFS_PROC_INFO=y
> # CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_XATTR is not set

aha, good thinking. But /proc/config.gz will only exist if you have
the option for it compiled into your kernel also :) Robert is using
Gentoo, I think? So he's likely to have kernel sources still lying
around - substitute "cat /usr/src/linux/.config" for "zcat
/proc/config.gz" in the above command if /proc/config.gz doesn't exist
on your system Robert.