On Sat, November 6, 2004 9:51 am, chris bayley said:
> Bhaktavatsala Dasa wrote:
>
>>Greetings!
>>
>>              People, how can SuSE/KDE be set to run an "HP PSC 1210" all-in-one
>>printer-scanner-copier...? Are there drivers, and software for this...
>>(cccccccccameeeeeeeee withhhhhhhhh soooooooooftware for W$#%dows)...? As
>> you
>>can see, the keyboard still likes to go on joy rides with the text,
>> despite
>>changingggggggggggg settings...? Huh? :$ Don't know what to do about
>> that. :$
>>Wishing well... :)
>>
>>Regards,
>>Bhaktavatsala Dasa (Vatsala)
>>
>>@ http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~vatsalaji - Hare Krishna!
>>

> I had not toooo much drama setting up a HP PSC-1350 in gentoo using the
> HP supplied psc12xx drivers with cups and gimp-print and hpoj for the
> scanner part. I don't recall the exact pages I refered to but I got
> started by googling for "linux HP PSC-1350 drivers" and everything
> follows. you need to follow links for hpijs,hpoj,gimp-print and cups and
> you will be up and running within a few short hours.
>
> : )
> Chris Bayley

Unfortunately a few hours is probably too long for vatsala, he is pretty
impatient.

I am sending this from a machine booted into suse.

I went to Yast then Hardware, then printer, then followed my nose. There
is support there for vatsala's printer (never mind that i told him this
the other evening.)

I am not sure what his problem really is, he never gives full messages.

Chris B, does a post from you mean that you are back in town?