On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:42:59 +1300, Ralph Stoker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<clip>

> What should I backup (apart from my personal
> data) ....bear in mind I am limited to CD data storage capacity.

It's always handy to keep a backup of your /etc tree :) should it come
to reinstallation, you'll be glad of it. Other than that... and your
email directory obviously (~/Mail probably?), you might want to backup
your personal settings for your desktop environment - I use KDE, so I
backup my ~/.kde3.1 directory.

Cheers,
Gareth

ps. as usual, watch the gmail reply-to, sorry :)