On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Steve Holdoway wrote:

> Sick of slackware ( too much 'lets be different because we can' attitude
> for me ), so thought I'd install FC3 on the laptop. A word of warning...
> there's over 600MB of updates already waiting for you! I'm looking at
> putting them on CD and making some kind of install script if anyone's
> thinkking of going down this route.

The bulk of this is a revised KDE.  Fedora 2 had 1.5 GB of updates when I
checked the size a few months ago - they still fitted on the DVD right to
the end.  I have a script to do the updating included on the DVD if you
would like a copy.

> Pretty poor though, considering it was only released 2 weeks ago!

Fedora is off to a quick start, Mandrake is only ~205 Mb at the moment,
SuSE 9.1 is 1.8 Gb.

Phil.

     [EMAIL PROTECTED] - preferred.          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz