To: <linux-users@it.canterbury.ac.nz>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: Pioneer 6 disk cd changer

Gary Durey wrote:

I have  a 6 disk cd changer and I am trying to get it to work using
slackware 10 but it only sees the first cd using
mount /dev/sr0 /mnt/cdrom but nothing I do will access any of the 5
other cd's any help would be greatful

Gary

Do the devices exist for the other devices? ls -l /dev/sr? should list
sr0 -> sr5.  If not, then use mknod to create them. Also, what does
dmesg show? I've used tape autochangers, and they have just 2 devices -
one for the drive, and one for the controller. It may be that it's set
up in this manner, and you'll need extra software to control it. I think
it's available for linux - google will tell you.

Steve