Rob Wood wrote:

Hi,
I downloaded the SuSE mini installation iso as recommended. I will probably then go for the DVD version. Is this DVD the personal or the advanced version? (Not that I think I need the advanced, - just curious).
If I understand it correctly, I can use this to boot sufficient OS on a LAN PC to enable a network connection to gain access a host on which the DVD would be running?
I was wondering if there was enough OS on this mini install disk to enable me to load Apache and run my web server on it. It is that a realistic idea? It's a very small site on primitive but reliable hardware. I need to ditch W2K as it's a commercial site and it's been compromised twice since it's been up (2 weeks).
Grateful for all feedback,
Woodsey

If it's primitive hardware, then I recommend that you go with a text based debian image. Net install images are available. Get sshd up and running, and we'll be in like a flash!

Cheers,

Steve