Thanks, your df gives a good impression.

Unfortunately I can only afford one partition with 5.25Gb. I already have the maximum number of primary partitions. I don't need a new swap partition. The 1Gb one from SuSE should do.

I also consider buying an external hardrive which I need for backup. How much does a small one with USB or Firewire cost and where can I get it? I have about 7Gb of data: Some thousand pictures, a 1Gb school project, some legal mp3's and some things for java (especially eclipse).