> I've had my google search attempts blocked by google - I
> get a page saying that I'm a bot searching google and to
> check my machine for viruses and spyware.
>
> Now, my logs don't show any excessive google access, and
> iptraf on the firewall can't find any either. Anyone else
> come across this?

You aren't alone:
http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?date=2005-02-02

Scroll down to the "To Google, you are malware" section.

>From the text:
"Our testing shows that this behavior isn't automatically
triggered - there appears to be a sliding scale (searches
per minute per IP?) that causes this to activate. This is an
apparent reaction to recent PHP web-application based
malware using Google to find targets, and I can't say I
disagree with their tactics in this case. What do the ISC
readers think?"

What are you searching for?

Regards

Daniel