Andrew Errington wrote:

Personally, I'd stick with a well supported database with an SQL
interface. MySQL's getting a bit silly with licensing, so the obvious
choice to me is Postgres. Alternatlively, I've got a copy of Oracle 10g
- but that may be a bit of overkill (:

I believe Postgres to be a 'real' database server, and MySQL to be a toy. Postgres adheres to the ANSI SQL standards and supports transactions. I used to be a database programmer, but at the moment I don't have any database projects going on. When I do, they will be based on Postgres.

Andy

Well, I agree with that - coming from Oracle to build a lamp project, and finding that mysql didn't even support views!

Steve