Barry wrote:

Using gphoto from Mandrake8.2 I could plug my camera into a usb port and it is seen immediately i load gphoto. Also in xwc i could go to /dev/usb/ and see the device file (dc2xx) appear and disappear as I turned the camera on or off.

In Mandrake10 the camera appears to mount in /proc/bus/usb/001/ but with a different 'name' each time it connects and is shown as type document size 0. Gphoto setup requires a full pathname which is consistent in its config setup. Is it possible to get around this problem?

I have also tried flphoto and GTKam to access the camera. What apps are you folk using to download photos?

Barry

Most modern cameras support the protocol used by USB-sticks. Then you don't need gphoto. Try "mount /dev/hda1". With submount that is done automatically but I don't think that that is included in Mandrake 8.2. What type of camera is it and how does it work under windows/Mac? Some cameras are also configurable in terms of the protocol.

--
Happy Hacking,
Robert Himmelmann

   Use free software only. See

Democracy is a government where you can say what you think even if you don't think.
-- /usr/bin/fortune

A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read.
-- Mark Twain