Greetings,
Some time ago, someone on the list recommended Toms RTBT disk for
gaining CD ROM access via a floppy boot for installing Linux on a
machine that won't boot from CD ROM.

I have been trying to use this disk but have come up against a few
problems:

/mnt/cdrom gave the message:

"cdrom not found in /fstab or /mtab"

I entered an appropriate line in /etc/fstab to enable the CD ROM to be
mounted and tried to mount it then got the message:

"fs type udf,iso9660 not supported by kernel"

I deleted the udf, bit and tried again but got the message:

"special device /dev/cdrom does not exist"

I tried to look in /dev for a cdrom entry but the screen scrolled too
far down to enable me to see it. The old DOS /p page at a time switch
does not work.  Is there an alternative for Linux?

Any advice as to where I am going wrong would be valuable.

Cheers - Woodsey