Hi,
I think you go to /etc/X11/xdm and edit it to make sure the line that reads:
#*
#any host can get a log in window
and make sure the * is uncommented.

then in the same directory open xdm-config in an editor

Find where it says:

!Security: do not listen for XDMCP or chooser requests
!Comment out this line if you want to manage X terminals with xdm
DisplayManager.requestPort:     0

Comment out that last line with a !

Then go to /etc/sysconfig and open "displaymanager" in an editor, scroll to
the line:

DISPLAYMANAGER_ROOT_LOGIN_REMOTE="no"

and change the no to yes.

Hope that helps