> spamassassin is running almost fine, but seems to give too
> much weight to one factor. The factor is ALL_TRUSTED -
> which means all the MTA's the mail has gone thru are
> trusted, or conversely are not known spam
> senders/relayers. ALL_TRUSTED gives a negative score (ie
> less likely to be spam)
>
> So I am getting messages with BAYES_99, ie where there is
> a 99% bayesian probability of spam, but not gone thru an
> untrusted MTA, so it is tipping it back below my limit of
> 6.0. I have manually set BAYES_99 to give a score of 5,5,
> but I cannot find what figure the defaults are assigning
> to ALL_TRUSTED.

At a guess, your problem is you have not configured the
internal_networks and the trusted_networks options in your
local.cf file, and Spamassassin is guessing these values (it
will if you have DNS available), and your server is behind
NAT, which makes the guessing code work poorly.

Either:
Set
score ALL_TRUSTED  0
in your local.cf to disable the test (do not edit the files
in /usr/share/spamassassin/ or else you will lose the
changes in an upgrade.)

or else:
man / perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf and configure the
internal_networks and trusted_networks settings accordingly
in your local.cf.  From memory, something like:
internal_networks 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.0/24
trusted_networks 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.0/24

There are still a couple of bugs open against the
ALL_TRUSTED issues which you may care to read as well
http://bugzilla.spamassassin.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=&content=ALL_TRUSTED

Regards

Daniel