From: Steve Holdoway [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 25 May 2005 4:32 p.m.
To: linux-users@it.canterbury.ac.nz
Subject: Re: gimp

Robert Fisher wrote:

>On Wed, 25 May 2005 13:53, Steve Holdoway wrote:
>

>>I think that's a bit harsh, Douglas. I think of gimp as the gentoo of the
>>imageing arena.
>>

>=================================
>
>I think that is a bit harsh Steve.
>
>I think that the Gentoo Docs are probably amongst the best of any distro.

About 6 months ago, I sat down to install gentoo using only the
resources available on that site. Even ardent admirers like Nick agreed
that this is impossible to do. The docs missed out too many really
important things - just took them for granted. ( and pointing out
alternative third party resources is missing the point ).

This is the point I'm trying to make.

Cheers,

Steve