By now it also crashes sometimes when I press M-w. All this has started happening after my last emerge sync; emerge -uD world. I cannot remember to have seen any update for xemacs but there were various changes in other packages.

I am using Gentoo on amd64 if that helps.

As the output of xmodmap shows on my system it seems to be Shift-Backspace. I do not want to try this out now but except for that xemacs-bit nothing happens when I press Alt-Backspace.

Happy Hacking,
Robert Himmelmann

Only those who leisurely approach that which the masses are busy about can be busy about that which the masses take leisurely.
         -- Lao Tsu

"Murphy's Law, that brash proletarian restatement of Gödel's Theorem ..."
         -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"