On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:05, Roger Searle wrote:
> I'd like to be able to make certain applications open on a specified
> desktop?  For example when clicking a desktop or panel shortcut to have
> thunderbird and firefox always open on desktop 2 which I have renamed
> "web", and shells and yast always open on a desktop named "admin".
>
> Plenty of info on google about virtual desktops but I just can't seem to
> find what I 'm trying to do.  At this point I am assuming this is
> possible.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Right click on a windows title bar go to the advanced menu and 'Special Window
Settings'. In that dialog on the Geometry tab there is an option to specify
which desktop to place the window on. Haven't tried it myself but it seems to
be what you are looking for.

HTH

hads

--
You may be trailer trash if...
Your toilet paper has page numbers on it.