Does anyone know how this works? In long documents with numbered
paragraphs, we lawyers often cross reference to other paragraphs like:

"13. If the customer breaches any of clauses 3, 4(a) or 6 he will
forfeit his house, his car, his wife and his big toe."

Of course if you add a new para 5, then old 5 will become 6, old 6 will
be renumbered 7 and so on. Para 13 (which is now 14)'s reference to
clauses "3,4(a) or 6" should automatically update to read "3,4(a) or 7".

Word 97 does this relatively easily. How do I do it in OOo? (I really
want to change but this is holding me back).

I am using OOo 1.9 something (essentially the latest 2.0
beta/pre-release, I am on windows but this should be the same under
linux)
--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>