I tried this file manager as a replacement for XWC which I have used for years.

IMHO its performance is inferior to XWC in several respects. It only provides for a tree & 1 directory listing or 2 directory listings as opposed to a tree & 2 directory listings. It comes with its own text viewer and editor which replace those provided with XWC and it cripples other functionality of XWC.

I found it was looking for nedit which did not come up as a dependency and is not installed and this makes me wonder what other changes the installation made.

After uninstalling xfe I had to then uninstall then reinstall XWC to get its text viewer and editor functioning.

Barry