On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 14:18 +1200, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> Grab some control stuff (X10 or whatever) and hook up a IR webcam for
> motion detection ... powering a water pistol to shoot cats entering the
> garden late at night ... :-)

Ah, the "Super Shooser." Did one of those, but used a shower head to
operate a washing machine valve. The owner says it's as good as watching
TV, as cats try to sneak up on it and catch it out.

I've found X10 is good for quick lash-ups (I use MisterHouse and program
in Perl - which makes me double-weird) but the parts I have seem to be
very intolerant of elevated temperatures (I don't mean smoking hot
either) and power spikes.

Vik :v)
--
Vik Olliver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>