Greetings,

I tried to set up apt under Fedora. apt-get update and synaptic complain that about half of my packages are broken:

W: There are multiple versions of "libavc1394_0" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^libavc1394_0$"; };

fedora / # yum info audit-libs
Setting up repositories
(....)
Installed Packages
Name   : audit-libs
Arch   : x86_64
Version: 1.0.4
Release: 1.fc4
Size   : 95 k
Repo   : installed

This definatly does not look good. I had to fiddle a bit around with the files in /etc/yum.repos.d but I cannot remember seeing i386 anywhere. Does anyone know how to fix this? I do not want to fix every single one of the 436 broken packages manually especially if I have to use yum. I also do not have any important configuration of data on that partition except for to other distributions, so reinstalling is an option.

Happy Hacking,
Robert Himmelmann