Lee Begg wrote:

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:04, Robert Himmelmann wrote:
I have Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo, Fedora and SuSE (not yet SUSE) on my
laptop. Debian does work but there have been no updates for almost half
a year, so I do not recommend it.

Debian-amd64 moved servers about 6 months ago. There is now a good range of mirrors and it will hopefully be included into the debian itself soon. See the how-to.

I've been using debian-amd64 since January on this computer and it has been create. I run a few things in a 32bit (x86) chroot, such as openoffice.org, but it isn't bad. Looking forward to oo.o 2.0 that will be able to be compiled and run natively under 64bit.
I am actually not sure where some of my applications are running and wheter they are 32 or 64bit.

I have an old-ish install cd for debian-amd64, if anyone wants a copy.
I changed everything from sarge to sid. Now it does work. They are probably not taking the trouble of doing anything for amd64-sarge anymore. Thanks for the hint.

Happy Hacking,
Robert Himmelmann

Later
Lee Begg