I for one would be keen on a repeat of the Myth TV and diskless computers demo's, at the very least. Whether I would actually get to see them is another thing. Another topic of interest for me would be video / audio file editing and file conversion using "free" codecs etc. For example at the moment I am grappling with separating the soundtrack out of a DVD movie using mplayer - and converting the result to a CD.

Lance Blackler

Robert Fisher wrote:

Dear All,

The CLUG Infrastructure mailing list often ponders about what topics should be covered at upcoming meetings. I believe that with new people joining CLUG there may be a need to repeat earlier presentations for those who have missed them. I may be wrong though so that is why I am putting the question.

My geatest Linux steps have all been after CLUG presentations.
I think my top 5 would be (in no order):-

Nick Rout on Gentoo
I was so impressed with the ease of package management and how up to date it is that I have been using Gentoo as my main distro for the 3 years since.

Ken Yap on Etherboot
I went home, did a bit more research and set up 3 diskless computers at home (for 2 borders and my garage)

Jim and Volker on email topics
I set up a mail server for my home network.

Nick on MythTV
I have permission to build one for home (after the fence is finished)

Wesley on Qemu
I am now very happy that I do not have to start my laptop just to use one program on Windows, I can do it on WinXP in Qemu on my Gentoo PC.

I have enjoyed others presentations as well and other members probably have a top 5 of their own. If they are also listed perhaps we could get an idea of which, if any, could/should be repeated.

Any other comments? (Or am I barking up the wrong tree?)