This reply has been written serial fashion as I tested various things.

I want to t/f files from windows to linux. I can t/f from linux to
windows by creating temp iso files. Printing would be ok but I could print to disk the t/f the file.

Nick Rout wrote:
Barry: please do the following in the windows virtual machine running on
qemu:

Click Start|Run
in the run command box that appears type winipcfg then enter

I went online and started qemu with 'qemu c -hda /home/barry/win98.img'
Selected ethernet adapter

hostname        N9S4R9
DNS server      (blank)
Node Type       Broadcast
Adapter address 52-54-00-12-34-56
IP Address      10.0.2.20
Subnet mask     255.0.0.0
Gefault Gateway 0.0.0.0
All other options are blank

From the command prompt,
Both C:\>ftp 10.0.2.2 and C:\>ftp 10.0.2.20 gives '>ftp connect :10061'
Next command I gave was ls. The response in each case is 'not connected'

I can ping both IPs from windows

When offline I tried 'qemu -user-net c -hda ~/win98.img'
The response is 'Could not get DNS address'
To start qemu while offline I need the '-dummy-net' option.
I can only ping and ftp to 10.0.2.20, ls again shows 'not connected'

Went online and started with 'qemu -user-net c -hda ~/win98.img'.I can now ping both numbers from windows. From linux I get 100% packet loss

ftp 10.0.2.2 now starts and requests linux user/pswd. Help command provides a listing. dir & ls both lock up the terminal.

This will tell you what the ip address of the windows machine is. There
is a drop down box - make sure you choose the right adaptor. The address
should be something in the range of 10.0.2.x
10.0.2.20

The address of the linux machine should be 10.0.2.2

If you have your ftp server set up on the linux box try ftp'ing into it
from the windows VM. Start a msdos command line thingy and simply type

ftp 10.0.2.2

Feed back the results.

as above

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:07:00 +1300