> Type=0x21             Type=0x22       # Same as previous except
> Label= 2200           Label= 2200     # different value for Label
> blah, blah            EndLevel=1
>                       blah, blah
>
> The bit that's got me stumped is how to handle the Label line. Can someone
> please give me hint how to do this?

The problem I have with sed is that it's line oriented, not record
oriented, and your job is record oriented. (Personally I'd use gawk.) It
can be a pain to match across lines in sed, but it's possible in GNU
sed.

The match condition I'd try for the label line is whether the number
ends in 2 zeros. You'd have to match all from the type= to the label= in
one expression, and if matched, perform one or more search/replaces, and
write out the result with any additional stuff you want appended after
label= . You can ignore any text following label= in the same record.

Does that help?

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.