Barry wrote:

Nick Rout wrote:

Yes I think for 2.6 the secret is to get the ltmodem-2.6-alk-7.tar.bz2
file.

recompiled it for the 2.6.12.5 kernel and it works fine. If you change the kernel, recompile it. I have 2 compiled versions for 2 different kernels

Barry

In my setup based on Mandrake10 I have the following:
/lib/modules/(kernel name)/ltmodem/ which contains ltmodem.ko and ltserial.ko. This setup is repeated for each of 3 (not 2) kernels.

I also have /etc/modprobe.preload which contains a single line entry relating to the modem - ltserial.

From memory the.ko files were copied manually and the .preload file was altered manually. It aint broke so I have'nt had to fix it and now I forget exactly what I did do.

The dev is /dev/modem which is a soft link to /dev/tts/LTM0

HTH

Barry