On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 22:30 +1300, Julian Visch wrote:
> Has anyone got these copy protected CDs to actually play on Linux?

“Copy protected” CDs appear, mostly, as a normal CD under Linux. The
copy protection generally involves Windows program on the CD, which
installs itself when the disc is put into the machine. MacOS and Linux
are immune, as would old versions of Windows…

What specifically happens under GNOME is the CD loads, GNOME prompts if
you want to play the CD or load the data, you click “play” and listen to
the music ☺

> Or are they just a waste of money?

Well, that is a matter of taste. I own very little music published by
Sony Music or Bertelsmann Music Group partly out of taste, and partly
because they insist in treating me like a criminal. (The fact that the
copy-protection is ineffectual is by the by.) Loop Recordings
        http://www.loop.co.nz
is another matter. I like the music more so…

--
Michael JasonSmith        http://ldots.org/