Do I have a lingering problem from last night for
you....?

I brought my (mostly working) PC to last nights
meeting but on attempting to fire up Linux this
morning X will no longer initialize.   Startx now
gives the following messages:

Undefined Monitor "monitor" referenced by Screen
"Screen 1"
Error parsing the config file

Fatal Server error
no screens found
XIO fatal IO error 104 (connection reset by peer on X
server ":0.0" after 0 requests (0 known processed)
with 0 events remaining.

There was a screen full of messsages but the above
looked to me to be the most significant.

After some mucking about in bash I thought I would
perform a upgrade install of Mandriva.   This seems to
have made matters somewhat worse giving rise to the
above error messages.

Any suggestions?  Should I go for a full install or
perhaps keep my sticky fingers off the keyboard and
flag Linux away until the next CLUG meeting?

Cheers

Tony Hart

WARNING.   Yahoo does not accept a blank return
address