Quoting Volker Kuhlmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > Feb 18th: SUSE Linux 10.1 Beta 4 has been released. Beta4 has a number
> of
> > ROUGH edges, so read the Most Annoying Bugs for Beta4 before you
> decide to
> > download and test it.
>
> I've got the AMD64 version downloaded, but haven't yet started testing.
> The fact that update doesn't currently work is only important as far as
> saving you the time trying it goes, otherwise it's the usual click
> start
> and forget. But yes, make sure to read
>
> http://www.opensuse.org/Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs
>
> Btw what's the quickest way to test opensuse betas using qemu/xen, or
> is
> it faster to get a 30day vmware license?

Well, opensuse, if my memory serves me right, is xen-ready from the word go.
it's in one of the rpms.  There's a few documents at the Xen academic site at
Cambridge, UK, and at the xen-source commercial site to help set it up.  I was
planning to shift to opensuse as my default xen Dom0 when I shifted to using xen
fulltime.

If you want to test it using qemu, and have got a spare 4 0r 5 GB, qemu-hdd up a
qcow and install it there.  But make sure you intall the kqemu driver, otherwise
it can take a long time to get up and running.

Wesley Parish

> Volker
>
> --
> Volker Kuhlmann                       is possibly list0570 with the domain in
> header
> http://volker.dnsalias.net/           Please do not CC list postings to me.

"Sharpened hands are happy hands.
"Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge

"I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press