On Feb 21, 2006, at 1:38 PM, Andrew Errington wrote:

I have found a Windows utility that might work to reset the counter, and allegedly the old ink well sponges can be washed and re-used. Has anyone
tried this?  Is there a Linux utility for this (since I know Epson is
reasonably well supported in Linux)?

There is probably a front-panel keypress sequence that resets the counter (I've done this with my Epson 2100). Google around and you'll probably find out soon enough. Apart from that I only know of the Windows utility.

Disasssembling the printer to wash out the ink sponges may or may not be a trivial exercise... it wasn't much fun for me but I did manage to get it all back together OK.

- Dave

http://www.bluemoon.net.nz/
http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/