Quoting Ross Drummond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> As part of any talk I would be happy to do a short show & tell about my
> bash
> backup script.

Go for it.  We could have a session like the scripting languages one; people
describing theirs and comparing techniques.

> It uses bash to wrap MySql dump, tar mkisofs & cdrecord to write a
> backup cd.
>
> As an incidental question does anyone know of some code I can use to
> test if
> there is a blank cd in the proper drive?

FWIW, K3B does that, so it might be possible to extract it and use it on its
own.

Wesley Parish

> Cheers Ross Drummmond
>
> On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:41, John Carter wrote:
> > On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Steve Holdoway wrote:
> > > Now, about your backup strategy.. (:
> >
> > "Backups are for wimps. Real men upload their data to an FTP site and
> > have everyone else mirror it." - Linus Torvalds

"Sharpened hands are happy hands.
"Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge

"I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press