> Hence why I don't even bother...  I've had people ask me about pgp
> before and wondered if it was really worth it...  if you've got the
> ability to intercept my mail in the first place then chances are that
> you've also got the ability to be watching while I type it...

No way. To watch what you type someone would have to be in or close by
your house. Somehow I doubt the NSA will be doing that, and the local
spooks mighn't be so serious about world domination. Encrypting your
email keeps it safe from the ISPs and the hobby hackers - definitely
worth doing for trade secrets. And while the NSA may be capable of
breaking gpg emails, the cost of doing so is probably still so high that
they don't do it routinely for every email passing through.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.