> A Yast search is showing absolutely no reference to gcc, as either a
> search for gcc, or under "devel" or anything else I can think of.   So
> not on this DVD?  Can it be downloaded perhaps?

yast -> software -> software management, filter search, type gcc - I get
about 20 packages related to gcc. That's from a 64bit DVD I made from
the shipped 9GB dual-layer disk, I expect the 32bit DVD to work
likewise. Looks to me like that DVD of yours is a dud.

I was expecting packages to be available from
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/10.0/ but there are only some extra
packages and all ISOs except the dual-layer one. Planetmirror seems to
carry nothing more than that.

The gcc package is on CD 3, as I typically get the shipped media I've
never looked for mirrors of the stuff on DVD and can't point you
further. Check gwdg.de?

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.