Not OT at all!

> My wife does some part time work transcribing Olympus audio files to
> Office/OpenOffice documents, but since she became a convert a couple of years
> ago, she would much prefer to work exclusively in Linux. I'm looking for some
> software to play back Olympus .dss files using a foot pedal to control it,

Olympus/Philips DSS = PITA.

Forget about open source ever, the audio format isn't even described.
There is a commercial converter for DSS files which runs on Linux,
reasonably priced, but I forgot its name.

Foot pedal could be tricky, essentially this is turning the audio
playback on/off?

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.