Don Gould wrote:
I want to run a linux instance on my xp box. QEMU does this (thou seems to have bugs and is very slow).

Late to the thread, but hypervisor-based Parallels <parallels.com> - although non-free-as-in-speech-and-beer(USD50 for Winders, Linux; USD80 OS X macintels) - is worth a mention here: easy to install product that seems to just work, and at native or near-native speeds. Parallels provides a free trial; give it a try, its impressed the hell out of me running XP as guest on Linux host, or FC5, Dapper, Damnsmall, Puppy, Knoppix as guest with Win2K or XP hosts, and it really is near-native speed.

Aaron.