> > It's often interesting looking over stats...
>
> Not really, unless you have an actual need to do so. Either you need to
> monitor bandwidth (in which case you should be measuring from the
> network, not from the app), or you are actively changing the design of
> your sites to match the people using them.

Or you're trouble-shooting. For example google, who once downloaded the
same pdf repeatedly as fast as they could, until I told them that the
anti-google-IP-block was staying in place until they stopped their
abuse. And now they're doing it again... well so many times in a row
anyway. (You all have bandwidth-limiting on your home servers for damage
control? Might pay to reduce the search-engine bots to a trickle, as it
doesn't affect their indexing anyway but will help the traffic costs and
well-behaved users.)

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.