Glynn Foster wrote:
Nick Rout wrote:
One problem with choosing one distro and settling on it is that they all
have problems from time to time. The current ubuntu is a case in point.

Absolutely - especially so if you're keen to keep on the bleeding edge.
It's at that stage most of the people get fed up and move on, expecting
the latest new hardware to magically just work. Unfortunately though,
that's the *very* time your help is needed in helping to debug some of
these problems, and I'm sure most distributions, kernel engineers, or
similar are desparate to get feedback. That's the value of the community
if you can persevere ;)

How's this for an e.g.?, re-articulated:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/54527/

Luckily, that's a test box. I have two other Dapper installs fault-free.

It's a commitment we probably all have to make - picking a distro (set) to stick with - to keep software development optimised. Happy free-shopping!

cheers teams,