Hi,

Back again – I’ve ditched Ubuntu as gave me catch 22 – I needed to download ‘build-essentials’ to be able to compile my modem driver, and I needed a working modem to do the download… so gave up on that.

I have now installed SUSE 10.1 (from the dvd version I downloaded to my windows box on the weekend).

Everything was very smooth, full monitor selection from pick lists, recognized my winmodem (HCF I think) and installed it, tons of applications.  Very impressed actually.

But I can’t find the equivalent of a ‘Connect to’ button to let me dial my service provider.

Should it be obvious?  Or is not obvious because I picked the wrong port for the modem maybe or modem is not going or similar?

Can someone please instruct me on how to dial-up. Thanks.

Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg.