Hi All,

First post here...

I've been using ubuntu on my Acer Travelmate 2310 latop for around a
year now using 6.06 presently.

Monday last week I preformed an update and when I went to use my laptop
again I found it's shrunken my screen size - I've taken a pic of it:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/siftygremlin/screen.jpg

It's acting like the black areas don't exist when I try to move the
mouse pointer over it.

I was made aware that there was an issue with with this update so went
over to ubuntu forums to try and sort it out - they have released an
update to fix any issues but after the update my system is still broke.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-core
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
xserver-xorg-core is already the newest version.

Basically I've got no idea where to start - is there any way to roll
back an update?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kerry

btw got a few more foibles to sort out on my system but I'll get this
one out of the way first