Hey,

Bryce Stenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On the weekend I let my daughter (age 6) try her hand at the games
> installed with OpenSUSE 10.1. It is running the gnome desktop.  Now
> somehow she managed to delete all those nice panel items like
> Applications – there were two others but I can’t even remember their
> names – one let you logout….  I see she still gets her right and left
> mouse clicks confused so probably hit the delete context menu item off
> the panel.
>

> Anyway, is there an easy way to get the default panel back again?

Yeah, there's a couple of ways. The easiest way is probably to bring up a
terminal and type the following into it -

gconftool-2 --shutdown
rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/panel
pkill gnome-panel

and hey-presto, you'll be back from where you started with - with a *default
panel as shipped with your distribution*. If you made any changes on top of
that, you'll have to redo them yourself.

Glynn