I've been tearing my hair out for the last 24 hours trying to get one of the
various snmp tools available on Linux to be able to extract data from my
Netgear DG834 ADSL router.
Tools in Windows can access the device fine and get stats (and is doing so at
the moment), but in Linux I do not seem to be able to get information bvack
from the router using `snmpwalk -Os 192.168.1.1 public system` or similar
commands. Is there a firewall in Ubuntu that could be stopping the information
being sent back? Am I doing something wrong?
As I said I can get information using tools in Windows on the same PC that
Linux is on, but not in Linux.
Any and all help appreciated as I really need to have some way to monitor the
real connect speeds I am getting as I am having major issues where my connect
speed keeps dropping back to 64Kbps and despite multiple resets etc. does not
get much better than around 448Kbps with it should be 3.5Mbps