On Sunday 18 March 2007 22:13, Don Gould wrote:
> Will an error prevent me from installing?
>
> ERROR: option '--enable-lame' failed: cannot compile and run a test program
> lame.h can be found in the following packages:
>    lame  http://www.mp3dev.org/
>
> Do I care about this error?

It says error, so more than likely it won't continue, or something could be
unexpectedly wrong later (like not compiling, or running without encoding mp3
sound).

There is/was probably some message above that message, checking for the header
and probably the library. They may have an indication about what went wrong.

Later
Lee Begg