On Mon, March 19, 2007 10:07 am, Chris Bayley wrote:
> So..if one ultimately  wanted  a gentoo box does it make sense to use
> sabyon for the install in order to cut down on the time required ? Does
> saby use the std gentoo repos ?
>
> ChrisB

It would make sense if you wanted the whole install, ie there is presently
no package choice on the installer, you get whats on the DVD lock stock
and 3 or 4 smoking GB.[1] You can get the CD version and install
correspondingly less.

There are no gentoo repositories to speak of, but it does use gentoo
portage, plus (I suspect) some overlays.

[1] choice of packages in the installer is on the way apparently, and
indeed may already be there, the above is based on info current at about
3.26. YMMV.