On 10/05/07, Steve Holdoway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
/ at 98GB, swap at 2GB.

I wouldn't bother trying to be cleverer than that if not in a production server
environment. I'd use ext3 formatting and tune the superuser only blocks (
tune2fs -m 1 /dev/sda1 ) to 1% from the default 10.

But I'm sure a flamewar will be soon ensuing (:

Absolutely!

/ at 20GB, swap at 2GB and /home for the rest.

The OS shouldn't be consuming 20GB (IIRC Ubuntu installs at 2GB) but
one day you might want to blow it all away to try a new OS - keeping
/home separate makes that Oh So Much Easier to do :-)

But note that both OS X and Ubuntu follow Steve's suggestion by default.

-jim