My son is interested in a certificate in "Internet and Webpages" from
Southern Institute of Technology (a distance-learning course). They say
students will need:

PC with Internet connection, Microsoft Office version 2003 or 2007
(including Outlook, Word, FrontPage), Adobe Reader, Winzip, printer and
paper.

Obviously this list  displays a certain software bias. Is anyone
familiar with this course? Is there any reason one could not complete it
with FOSS software?

I would be very surprised if Evolution, OpenOffice, Evince, and Zip
caused any problems, but I don't know anything about FrontPage. Can it
do anything nVu can't? Is nVu the best FOSS alternative?

--mag

This electronic message together with any attachments is confidential. If
you receive it in error: (i) you must not use, disclose, copy or retain
it; (ii) please contact the sender immediately by reply email and then
delete the emails. Views expressed in this email may not be those of the
Airways Corporation of New Zealand Limited