On 22/05/07, Matthew Gregan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
 you should check the
kernel log to see if it has recognized your hardware and initialized
correctly.

Then, look in the Xorg.log in /var/log to see if you're using the correct
driver for your video card (i.e. it hasn't fallen back to vesa or
something), and that DRI initialized correctly.

Make sure you haven't got DRI disabled in xorg.conf.
[snip]

What I know about kernel modules, hardware detection and the like can
be written on the back of a postage stamp with a very thick crayon. I
don't see anything in the logs that jumps out at me and screams
*failure!*, but me not seeing it doesn't tell us much at all.

I don't want to post ~500KB of logs (or dozens of lines extracted
therefrom) to the list; could you suggest what I should be seeing?

Thanks,
Roy.