On 7/22/07, Eliot Blennerhassett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Andrew Packer wrote:
> Subsequent to all the above I've written a shell script to unmount the
> Vodem as a CD-ROM, change the usb modules as above and launch the Vodem
> driver.  I'd like to be able to run it other than in a terminal but
> haven't got that sussed out yet.

Google for "udev Huawei_E220", may help you suss.

Go no further than your kernel sources. ( 2.6.20 or later )

CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_OPTION:

Say Y here if you have a GSM or CDMA modem that's connected to USB

 This driver also supports several PCMCIA cards which have a
built-in OHCI-USB adapter and an internally-connected GSM modem.
The USB bus on these cards is not accessible externally.
Supported devices include (some of?) those made by
Option, Huawei, Audiovox, Novatel Wireless, or Anydata.

To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the
module will be called option.

If this driver doesn't recognize your device,
it might be accessible via the FTDI_SIO driver

Symbol: USB_SERIAL_OPTION [=n]

Prompt: USB driver for GSM and CDMA modems
  Defined at drivers/usb/serial/Kconfig:529
  Depends on: HAS_IOMEM && USB!=n && USB_SERIAL
  Location:
    -> Device Drivers
      -> USB support
        -> USB Serial Converter support
          -> USB Serial Converter support (USB_SERIAL [=m]

Meeting next month is a Social / Fixit evening. I'm sure that somebody
will be able help you.
See also:-

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/printthread.php?t=21726&page=18&pp=40

--