From the command-line you should be able to wrap the
name in quotes and have your way with it.

Kerry Mayes wrote:
One of my music rippers has created a directory with the unfortunate
file name of:

The Platinum Collection (disc 1: Greatest Hits I)

It is on a usb drive formatted as ntfs and this was most likely
created while connected to my laptop. It is currently connected to a
windows server.

I can neither get into this directory, rename it, or delete it!

Any ideas on how I can get rid of it?

Kerry.

This has been cleaned & processed by www.rocketspam.co.nz

Zane Gilmore: Analyst/Programmer
Cellphone: 0276 319 206
Telephone: +64-3 943 5447
Facsimile: +64-3 379 4886
Address: Level 1, 179 Tuam St, Christchurch, New Zealand
Post: PO Box 13300, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand

NZS.com : Your map of New Zealand Web space
Web: http://www.nzs.com/