On 9/3/07, John Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So I'm on XNet now...
>
>   * I like the fact I can get through to support. Nice. Not the fastest
>     in the world, but pretty good. Seems to really know his stuff.
>
>   * I like the fact you pay for the bandwidth you use, not what your
>     cap is.
>
>   * Somehow it seems (purely subjectively, haven't measured) faster.
>
> Hints on getting through to Telecom/Xtra...
>
> Trick 1.
>
>     Whatever your problem is, it has _nothing_ to do with those dirty
>     words "broadband", "internet", "xtra". If it is a line fault you
>     can get through to a human who can arrange things. If you mention
>     one of the dirty words before you get a human, you get dumped into
>     an unending queue.
>
> Trick 2.
>
>    Change supplier, an ISP will have good connections with Telecom
>    wholesale and can make magic happen that a mere retail customer
>    can't.

Trick 3.

Shout "Operator Please"

On some of those computerised and anti-social telephone systems, if
you shout "Operator Please", you are actually transferred to an
operator pretty pronto.

Whether or not the said op. is able, or is willing, to do much except
attempt to sooth the frayed nerves and shattered equilibrium is open
to speculation.

I don't know if it works on Xtra, but it does - used to - on Paradise / Telstra

--
Sincerely etc.
Christopher Sawtell