Don Gould wrote:

Brenda Wallace wrote:
you can also search for package names using:
urpmq <searchword>

then
rpm -qa | grep <packagename>
to see if it's installed.

Yes. I suspect that the problem might be that the ssh client depends on more than just the ssh client being there. I know I've had problems like this in the past.

It's all a bit academic at present really.

Sarah is the one having the problem and she's over loaded with other stuff that I haven't been able to get her to let me know the outcomes of what we've proposed so far.

I'll post a follow up to the list when we're a bit further along.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Cheers Don

try running ldd `which ssh` to see if any of the libraries ssh is linked to are missing. If that doesn't work try running strace ssh and see if anything is revealed.

Also a per user config file may be mucked up, try running it as a different user.