Hi all

I'm having a problem with samba permissions from my linux machine.

We have a file server running linux and sharing a disk under samba.
When I create a directory from a windows machine all works well, when
I look at the directory on the server I see:

drwxrwxrwx 2 kerry         kerry         4096 2007-12-07 09:14 temp2

But: I also have this directory mounted on my linux machine.  When I
create a directory under linux and look at it on the server I see:

drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody        nogroup       4096 2007-12-07 09:14 temp

What this means is that, if I create the directory under linux, I
can't then put anything in it!

I'm not sure where to start on this one.  Is this likely to be:

1. A samba setting on the server
2. Something to do with mounting it on my workstation
3. A general setting on my workstation

Help?

Kerry.